A hospital stay can be stressful whether it is due to illness or injury. One way to perk up friends or family in the hospital is to bring a lovely bouquet of flowers to add color and fragrance to the room. Flowers can lift a person’s mood and provide a focal point of calmness for the patient. In fact, people who receive flowers instead of other gifts are happier and remain happier longer. What a great way to bring some cheer into a patient’s life!
The floral experts at Norton’s Florist have many years of experience delivering flowers in the greater Birmingham area. They would be happy to give you advice about the floral arrangements or other gifts that are suitable for delivery to a hospital patient. Here are a few helpful tips we would like to share with you.
Tips for Sending Flowers to the Hospital
- Choose bright colors! Yellow flowers are a great way to add vibrance to a drab hospital room. The Summer Sunset Bouquet has bright flowers including yellow daisies in a lovely yellow vase.
- Think smaller, not larger. Huge bouquets can be overwhelming visually and can interfere with important care practices. Smaller bouquets will also be easier to take home when the hospital stay is over. The Summer Sun Bouquet packs a punch in a small vivid orange container filled with orange roses and yellow daisies.
- Pick flowers that are easy to care for. Look for arrangements that need minimal bright sun to stay perky.
- Choose a bouquet housed in a sturdy container. The Glamorous Garden Bouquet includes brightly colored flowers in a cylinder vase, perfect for moving the arrangement around the room.
- Choose flowers that are allergy-free. Remember that many individuals will be coming in and out of your recipient’s hospital room, and even though your loved one may not have flower allergies, someone else just might. Hypoallergenic blooms are a great choice to avoid unnecessary issues.
Glamorous Garden Bouquet
Choose a Meaningful Bouquet
Did you know that many flowers have a special meaning or are recognized as a symbol to others? When choosing an array of flowers, think about the message you are sending to your loved one.
- Daffodils: These cheerful flowers symbolize new beginnings and eternal life. With their gorgeous yellow color ranging from pale yellow to bright gold, daffodils will bring sunshine into the room.
- Bird of Paradise: Meaning joy and freedom, this tropical plant will bring a touch of the islands to a hospital room.
- Daisies: With their striking white petals, you can see why daisies are a symbol of innocence and purity.
- Iris: Symbolizing good news, the Iris is a great choice with all the variety of colors available. And good news is welcomed by most hospital patients.
- Chrysanthemums: The lovely colors of orange, yellows, and golds make these flowers a favorite! Meaning optimism and long life, this bouquet will be cherished by your loved ones.
Flowers bring cheer to the room and provide a chance for the patient to enjoy a bit of nature. But don’t forget about the importance of a hearty snack for the patient and their visitors! Norton’s Florist has a variety of amazing gift baskets that range from healthy snacks such as fruit and nuts to encourage wellness, to a sweet tooth’s delight filled with an assortment of candies and cookies.
When you have chosen the perfect bouquet or gift basket, give us a call and provide us with the recipient’s full name and the name and address of the hospital. Contact us at Norton’s Florist to send flowers to family or friends in the hospital and you can be sure you will bring joy to their hospital stay.
For sample Get Well messages to include with your flowers, or tips on how to write the perfect Get Well message, visit our Card Messaging page.